Traditionally, consumers flooded shops and supply stores to purchase goods. Many retailers and store owners would go to great lengths to engage walk-in traffic, establish an emotional connection, and cultivate a branded shopping experience to earn customer loyalty.
From investing in persuasive sales associates to implementing sophisticated merchandising strategies, many retailers became experts at wooing patrons into falling in love with their brand.
Today, so much has changed. Even before COVID-19 lockdowns, consumers were already shifting to digital purchases and home delivery. The pandemic further physically distanced sellers from their customers, leading even fewer to step foot inside a brick-and-mortar store.
With a significant drop in personal interactions, how can companies ensure their audience remains connected to their brand? Create an unforgettable unboxing experience with custom packing tape!
Akin to the excitement of opening a birthday gift, the unboxing experience is your customer’s feeling when they receive and open your package. Are they ignited with so much anticipation that they want to savor the moment? If so, you’ve likely succeeded at creating an extraordinary unboxing experience.
Some experts believe the unboxing experience has become so foundational to branding that it’s no longer a nice-to-have option, but a must-have necessity for success.
With the rise of e-commerce, companies must find new ways to build brand awareness and loyalty that don’t require in-person transactions – and it starts with the feeling they get when your package hits their doorstep. When highly attractive and wrapped in custom packing tape, packages naturally draw attention and influence a positive perception of your brand.
An unforgettable unboxing experience with custom packing tape can:
- Capture attention
- Help tell your company’s branding story
- Boost customer loyalty
- Set you apart from your competition
- Increase your bottom line
While many people might think that decorated boxes are the only way to create a memorable unboxing experience, they’re cumbersome and expensive. Instead of investing in printed boxes, you can achieve the same effect with custom packing tape – at a fraction of the cost. Beyond customizing packaging tape, consider these additional strategies for creating an unboxing experience your customers will love:
- Use unique packaging materials that go beyond the cardboard box
- Carry your branding throughout every aspect of your packaging inside and out the box
- Include well-thought out packaging designs for all your products that consistently highlight your company’s philosophy, story and brand
- Enclose a personalized note, small gift, sample of a related product, or promotional freebies
Before ordering custom packing tape to create a memorable unboxing experience, ensure you select the right product for the job so that your goods remain secure while showing off your brand.
- Polypropylene tape – An economical and cost-efficient choice that’s most known for its “crackling” sound it makes when pulled from the roll.
- Paper or kraft tape – Activated by water, paper tape offers superior adhesion and security and is an excellent option for eco-conscious companies.
- PVC tape – Look to this premium quality custom packing tape when you need a durable solution to ship large parts and heavy supplies.
- Hi-tack freezer tape – Do you have a cold storage application? Use this white or clear option that maintains adhesion in temperatures as low as -15°F.
- Flatback tape – For masking, edging, binding, or splicing, use this stronger-than-masking-tape option to make an impression.
- Filament tape – This utility grade strapping tape has a synthetic rubber adhesive and boasts a long-lasting bond.
Learn more about which custom packing tape to choose in this helpful article.
If you’re ready to order custom packing tape, reach out to our sales and design professionals.